Disco/Hustle Dance Lessons
International Hustle and Salsa Competition (IHSC 2013).
There is always a fascinating story, being told by a soul, behind every single dance. Music sets the genre of “the story” whereas each word is represented by a dance step, harmoniously combined into a remarkable dance combination. One of such dances expresses sentiments in motion, having obtained a crystal clear name as Hustle, all thanks to the precise atmosphere, created by this dance! Hustle is a dance for people who want to dance right here, right now, especially to one’s favourite tunes or the ones, appealing to dance! Sounds unbelievable but true. Thousands of worldwide admirers is the exact proof of that!
Hustle originally comes from America. Its popularity skyrocketed back then and it already was enjoyed in Europe. Nowadays this dance carries lots of different names, Disco Hustle, Disco Fox or Disco Swing, depending on the geographically spread location. All of them mean the dance with no strict dance pattern to follow but improvised leading of a male partner. Ladies completely entrust themselves and the dance to their partners, sometimes even the strangers. That’s when the key feature of HUSTLE comes along, how smooth and harmonious their dancing skills are, to dance that good to captivate all the attention as well as enjoying the rhythms of music to the full!
Hustle was also born under the influence of Disco music which all the newcomers are encouraged to start with. It provides with a quite readable clear count so that all the students can get used to the music accents straightaway. Meanwhile, all the “experienced” Hustle dancers prefer Latin-American and Blues tunes where they differentiate a fast (highly accented music rhythm) and a slow (playing up the melody) tempos. The main idea is to impress the audience. Surprisingly, in this very dance the slightest mistakes, while performing, are even possible as long as the spectators are charmed by the given variant of hustle.
Among all the other Social Dances, Hustle is the most adaptable and flexible one. It can be enjoyed to any musical style, from pop music to hard rock or chanson, to any mood or temperament. Unlike ballroom competitive dances, the basics of Hustle is pretty simplified, it only takes 10 - 15 dance classes to successfully master it so that smashingly hit the dance floor of any disco party. As a huge benefit it doesn’t require much space but tons of imagination to create a one-of-a-kind mind-blowing Hustle dance!
Hustle, as an isolated dance, soaked up the best of the best of dancing from numerous, absolutely different styles, resulting in a quite distinctive, rather simple and mostly beloved by many, dance. That is why for beginners Hustle is a perfect start in the tremendous “dancing’ world. A counting pattern of four and a pretty clear rhythm are usually quickly mastered by the amateurs. HUSTLE is literally an enchanting “walk” by the two, glammed up by spectacular movements of all kinds. Graceful arm movements, impressive body turns, unexpected tap steps and splendid hand spots add the personal touch to the regular dance pattern of four.
Hustle is an exceptionally energetic dance that has many varieties to enjoy such as Free style, Ladies style, Show-Hustle, Double Hustle and Jack-n-Jill. Additionally, such incredible elements as tangled arms as in Salsa, Closed type of movement as in Tango, sophisticated steps as in Rock-n-Roll, to name but a few. All together being danced in a Hustle give all the admirers the confidence to keep exploring the world of dancing further, either in a ballroom direction or towards the rest of social dances. Hustle is a sensational social couple dance, representing an extraordinary type of hobby, which ensures lots of new acquaintances, a delightful energy exchange and simply a fantastic pastime!
Choose desired course level:
Beginner Disco/Hustle Course
Beginner Disco/Hustle course is designed for:
- Absolute beginners who have never danced before or who consider themselves to have 2 left feet.
- For people who have taken Disco/Hustle classes in the past and who are not sure or have forgotten their fundamental steps.
- For people who want to practice their basic steps.
You will learn:
- Explore the posture and basic moves and figures.
- Learn the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learn how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- How to connect with your partner.
Intermediate Disco/Hustle Course
Beginner Disco/Hustle course must be completed. Approval from instructors required to start the Intermediate Disco/Hustle Course.
You will learn:
- New combinations every session.
- Improving the posture and movements to be able to dance in partnership and in proper Disco/Hustle frame.
- Advanced moves and figures.
- Learning the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learning more articulated figures of Disco/Hustle with and without a partner.
- Improving the ability to dance Disco/Hustle sequences on faster timing with more styling.
- Learning how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Basic, Intermediate patterns and combining those patterns.
- More connection and leading & following exercises.
- How to understand music, counts, syncopations and accents.
Advanced Disco/Hustle Course
Ongoing Disco/Hustle classes with more challenging patterns, spicy moves & figures. This class is for those who are at the Intermediate/advance level (Approval from instructors required). Disco/Hustle has many patterns, combinations, variations. We recommend taking 3 to 4 intermediate Disco/Hustle courses before taking Advanced Disco/Hustle Course. If you missed the first class, it’s not too late to join us for the second class!
You will learn:
- Learn how to transform simple basic steps into articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Learn advanced Disco/Hustle moves and figures with separate embellishments for ladies and men.
- Learn more articulated figures of Disco/Hustle with and without a partner.
- Improve the ability to dance Disco/Hustle sequences: such as with faster timing and/or with more styling.
- Learn how to combine all the figures studied during the course into a unique and fluid routine.
Common options for all courses:
- All courses are available as group and/or private lessons.
- You may choose male or female teacher, as you prefer.
- Certificate of Achievement is available, read more.
- We have dance lessons for kids, mixed lessons (children and parents) are available.
- We can modify the courses to better suit your needs.
Available lesson formats:
Individual Dance Lessons
Nervous about dancing in public? Private lessons take the edge off and allow you to really let loose and see what you’re made of!
Private dance lessons are the quickest, most effective way to improve your dancing. We personalize each lesson based on your individual needs, desires, and goals, adjusting our teaching style to your ability, personality, and expectations. You’ll discover the difference some one-on-one attention can make in your dancing! This ensures the most thorough and rapid learning process, all while keeping it fun, easy, and comfortable.
Benifits of private dance lessons:
- Personalized attention and custom lesson guide
- Scheduled at your convenience
- Fastest way to learn and progress
Private lessons are designed to focus on your own dancing needs. This is where you will be able to learn technic, especially how to use our feet, understand timing, and develop body awareness, the more challenging aspects of your learning and in the same time enjoy the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of our studio, have fun, and enjoy the feeling of dancing.
Group Dance Lessons
Focus on having fun and we’ll take care of the rest! Group classes learning is one of the most exciting ways to learn how to dance. Classes focus on lead and follow skills and how to put dance patterns together in a way that makes sense.
Benifits of group dance lessons:
- Helps growth in the social ability of your dance skills
- Broad experience growth: dancing with multiple partners at all levels and get introduced to patterns at a fast pace
- Meet students of all skill levels and practice dancing with them
- Provides an environment for students to share their experiences, giving newer students advice on how to get the most out of their dance training experience.
- Another blessing from learning with others in a group is developing relationships with those you can now practice what you learned with
Group classes are designed to teach you the school figures and to develop your sense of balance. For the majority of the class the ladies are on one side of the room and gentlemen on the other. We learn the figures and solidify them with a considerable amount of repetition. Because the majority of the time we are dancing on our own, our balance, which is so important is being developed.
We cater for all aims and goals, for great fun, for those who are looking for the health benefits of dancing, for those looking to be the center of the dance floor or to challenge themselves, or perhaps just to spend time with their partner (couples lessons) dancing is one of the best activities in the WORLD!
We are waiting for you on our group dance lessons:
“Practice Sessions” means that all students are welcome and encouraged to come.
While the format of a practice session is much like a typical social ballroom dance, the purpose is different. You can come to just enjoy dancing. You do not need to have a particular move or routine that you are practicing. It is a great opportunity to dance on the biggest dance floor. The instructors will take care for a dancing environment of the session, including providing appropriate music carefully chosen for the correct tempo for each type of dance and for the characteristics that make each dance unique. Instructors hosting the practice session are often pleased to make suggestions when asked.
Benifits of practice sessions:
- Practice sessions offer an opportunity to practice steps or routines on Dance For You Studio spacious floating floor
- Every week our ballroom is available for our students to use for practice sessions
- The ballroom is equipped with a state of the art sound system and provides the perfect environment to focus on and enjoy improving your dancing
- Excellent opportunity to practice what you’ve been learning on your private lessons as well as the Group Lessons
Practice sessions are designed to prepare you for dancing in the real world. At these sessions many of the students attend. This creates the need to develop our traffic skills and maneuverability. You will have the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners. Everyone feels different and our job is to prepare you to dance with anyone. You will also practice to the music the entire practice session.
Look forward to see you on our practice session:
Visit our photo gallery to see more photos from weekly dance practice events.