Pasodoble Dance Lessons
Pasodoble dance example.
All or nothing, love or hatred, two absolutely different, in a way even the competitive sides of our life get together in a quite unexpected form, the form of dancing called Paso Doble. Breathing in, breathing out, heels rattling alongside a mysterious glance, all this clearly leaves a spectacular feeling from the most unpredictable and passionate dance as Paso Doble.
Sunny, appealing to lots of people throughout the whole globe, Spain, stood at the origins of the idea for this dramatic, full of the tragedy and at the same time never-ending passion, dance. Whereas France of the 20th century quickly picked this idea up and thoroughly depicted the strong-willed and desperate battle between the harmony of human beings’ mentalities and "corrida" of human beings’ bodies through the most enjoyable activity ever, a dance. Nowadays Paso Doble is known and loved by many people in different parts of the world. Being geographically randomly located it is interpreted in their unique ways.
Diverse as all the Spanish population and the aspects of their lives respectively, Paso Doble proudly represents a strong and steady spirit of a torero fighting against a furious bull. A rebellion of unstoppable soul, either of a matador or a bull, is expressed through neatly refined steps, arranged into pretty sophisticated dance movements performed to the vibrant sounds of music. Like in no other dance these very dance combinations tend to tell a mind-blowing story of courage, pride and love in excruciating details. No one has ever thought that all this is possible to show and to feel by means of one single Spanish dance. Up-to-date popularity proves it totally right.
Paso Doble is a unique and the fastest dance of the whole Latin American Dance program. Danger and Desire make the dancers perform like a flash as if they are indeed fighting the bull on a sandy arena. When it comes to its sophisticated technique the dance is notably characterized by the detailed elaboration of short and abrupt body movements. The speed of this dance is so high that two partners sometimes seem to be one unit. There is no time to think or improvise, all the steps are polished to the level that they always bring up the chills to the ballroom floor whereas the driving tunes clearly mark the start of corrida, the fight itself and the tremendous end of the fascinating story.
Dancing Paso Doble no one ever gets tired because it implies numerous ideas based on the constant confrontation with the existential threat. Triumph or defeat? What is it going to be this time? No one knows but everyone wonders. Eye catching and sometimes aggressive performance where a male partner surprisingly dominates, sets the tone of the relationship throughout the whole dance. It is the only dance where a beautiful and elegant female partner chooses to act either as a muleta, gently spinning round and protecting a daring bullfighter or take on the role of the second unbeatable matador, fighting together against that angry bull or even pose as a bull, provoking a courageous torero. The dramatic character and breathtaking feelings are provided by the help of the energetic and sometimes overwhelming music where one can easily notice even the gipsy traces. A wounded soul, probably of both, a bullfighter and a bull perplexes the dancers. That’s why while performing this tremendous dance the partners as well as the ones who admire them get so much thrilled and excited following the story line, anticipating "the winner"!
After all, it’s the winner who deserves success, love and life!
Choose desired course level:
Beginner Pasodoble Course
Beginner Pasodoble course is designed for:
- Absolute beginners who have never danced before or who consider themselves to have 2 left feet.
- For people who have taken Pasodoble classes in the past and who are not sure or have forgotten their fundamental steps.
- For people going to vacation to Latin American countries and want to have basic knowledge of Latin dancing.
You will learn:
- Explore the posture and basic moves and figures: Basic Walks, Sur Place, Chasses and Drags.
- Learn the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learn how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- How to connect with your partner.
- How to Lead (men).
- How to Follow (women).
Intermediate Pasodoble Course
Beginner Pasodoble course must be completed. Approval from instructors required to start the Intermediate Pasodoble Course.
You will learn:
- New combinations every session.
- Improving the posture and movements to be able to dance in partnership and in proper Pasodoble frame.
- Advanced moves and figures: Promenade and Counter Promenade, Ecart, Separation with Lady’s Caping Walks, Huit, Grand Circle, Open Telemark.
- Learning how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Basic, Intermediate patterns and combining those patterns.
- More connection and leading & following exercises.
- How to understand music, counts, syncopations and accents.
Advanced Pasodoble Course
Ongoing Pasodoble classes with more challenging patterns, spicy moves & figures. This class is for those who are at the Intermediate/advance level (Approval from instructors required). Pasodoble has many patterns, combinations, variations. We recommend taking 3 to 4 intermediate Pasodoble courses before taking Advanced Pasodoble Course. If you missed the first class, it’s not too late to join us for the second class!
You will learn:
- Learn advanced Paso Doble moves and figures such as La Passe, Coup de Pique, Spanish Lines, Flamenco Taps, Chasse Cape, Fregolina (Farol) and separate embellishments for ladies and men.
- Learn more articulated figures of Pasodoble : with and without a partner.
- Learn how to transform simple basic steps into articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Improve your ability to dance Pasodoble sequences with faster timing and/or with more styling.
- Learn how to combine all the figures studied during the course into a unique and fluid routine.
Common options for all courses:
- All courses are available as group and/or private lessons.
- You may choose male or female teacher, as you prefer.
- Certificate of Achievement is available, read more.
- We have dance lessons for kids, mixed lessons (children and parents) are available.
- We can modify the courses to better suit your needs.
Available lesson formats:
Individual Dance Lessons
Nervous about dancing in public? Private lessons take the edge off and allow you to really let loose and see what you’re made of!
Private dance lessons are the quickest, most effective way to improve your dancing. We personalize each lesson based on your individual needs, desires, and goals, adjusting our teaching style to your ability, personality, and expectations. You’ll discover the difference some one-on-one attention can make in your dancing! This ensures the most thorough and rapid learning process, all while keeping it fun, easy, and comfortable.
Benifits of private dance lessons:
- Personalized attention and custom lesson guide
- Scheduled at your convenience
- Fastest way to learn and progress
Private lessons are designed to focus on your own dancing needs. This is where you will be able to learn technic, especially how to use our feet, understand timing, and develop body awareness, the more challenging aspects of your learning and in the same time enjoy the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of our studio, have fun, and enjoy the feeling of dancing.
Group Dance Lessons
Focus on having fun and we’ll take care of the rest! Group classes learning is one of the most exciting ways to learn how to dance. Classes focus on lead and follow skills and how to put dance patterns together in a way that makes sense.
Benifits of group dance lessons:
- Helps growth in the social ability of your dance skills
- Broad experience growth: dancing with multiple partners at all levels and get introduced to patterns at a fast pace
- Meet students of all skill levels and practice dancing with them
- Provides an environment for students to share their experiences, giving newer students advice on how to get the most out of their dance training experience.
- Another blessing from learning with others in a group is developing relationships with those you can now practice what you learned with
Group classes are designed to teach you the school figures and to develop your sense of balance. For the majority of the class the ladies are on one side of the room and gentlemen on the other. We learn the figures and solidify them with a considerable amount of repetition. Because the majority of the time we are dancing on our own, our balance, which is so important is being developed.
We cater for all aims and goals, for great fun, for those who are looking for the health benefits of dancing, for those looking to be the center of the dance floor or to challenge themselves, or perhaps just to spend time with their partner (couples lessons) dancing is one of the best activities in the WORLD!
We are waiting for you on our group dance lessons:
“Practice Sessions” means that all students are welcome and encouraged to come.
While the format of a practice session is much like a typical social ballroom dance, the purpose is different. You can come to just enjoy dancing. You do not need to have a particular move or routine that you are practicing. It is a great opportunity to dance on the biggest dance floor. The instructors will take care for a dancing environment of the session, including providing appropriate music carefully chosen for the correct tempo for each type of dance and for the characteristics that make each dance unique. Instructors hosting the practice session are often pleased to make suggestions when asked.
Benifits of practice sessions:
- Practice sessions offer an opportunity to practice steps or routines on Dance For You Studio spacious floating floor
- Every week our ballroom is available for our students to use for practice sessions
- The ballroom is equipped with a state of the art sound system and provides the perfect environment to focus on and enjoy improving your dancing
- Excellent opportunity to practice what you’ve been learning on your private lessons as well as the Group Lessons
Practice sessions are designed to prepare you for dancing in the real world. At these sessions many of the students attend. This creates the need to develop our traffic skills and maneuverability. You will have the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners. Everyone feels different and our job is to prepare you to dance with anyone. You will also practice to the music the entire practice session.
Look forward to see you on our practice session:
Visit our photo gallery to see more photos from weekly dance practice events.