Viennese Waltz Dance Lessons
The Viennese Waltz performed by our professional dance instructor.Viennese Waltz performed by our students at Pro/Am Kids Dance Competition.
XXI century is marked by numerous discoveries in Information Technologies, Medicine, and Science that make our lives easier. Whereas the last centuries gave birth to lots of everlasting ART wonders that will always take special places in all our hearts. Some of these creations still please the certain part of population of Vienna on a regular basis. Two components of an “immortal” masterpiece, Strauss music and Viennese Waltz inevitably let you escape from the top-notch skyscrapers into the “spirit” of imperial’s court and balls, at least for a while. The world where admiration, inspiration and exultation reign.
Vienna is an amazing place where the Waltz, known today as Viennese, was welcomed and flourished under tremendous sounds of such great composers as Johann Strauss, Franz Schubert, Frederic Chopin etc. Long lasting roaming of this dance, either coming from Italy, France or Bavaria made Viennese Waltz settle in Vienna. There splendorous music of the aforementioned geniuses would refine and enrich its already established choreography. That’s why nowadays Viennese Waltz takes the unbeatable spot among all the dances from Ballroom Dance program.
Time is flying, fashion is progressing, people are changing as well but only Viennese Waltz as an eternal symbol of dignity and elegance is beyond any modern transformations because it already had some which led to the variant dancers enjoy now. The dance that throughout its history has touched absolutely different social classes, from peasants to the upper class in the Middle Ages. Curiously it reached the time when the ability to perform this unbelievably divine dance automatically grants people with a fantastic sense of style, pertaining to high art. And it is so true, cause apart from mastering the steps dancers should catch the rhythm of music, dancing the way their hearts and soul set the pace.
When people dance Viennese Waltz they speak to the whole world on behalf of a Lady and a Gentleman who are head in the clouds about their affection which by the way was not encouraged back in the days, even prohibited. Since they are madly in love the couple shares their breathtaking love story through fascinating dance combinations performed to magnificent tunes!
Unlike English Waltz, Viennese Waltz is characterized by a quick pace and motion in circle accompanied by smooth elegant head and body turns. This very motion makes the partners come to each other as close as possible while swirling, leaving the same mind-blowing feeling of exquisiteness. Having sharpened the dance skills, partners are supposed to glide quietly over the ballroom floor, controlling the high rotational speed and enormous space they are in charge of. Ladies and gentlemen build up a true extravaganza of a city garden in a summer evening, dancing to an incredible melody of Strauss.
Viennese Waltz, the enchanting, glamorous dance, implies a high standard of performance. There might be not so many dance patterns to master but the level of expression, artistic impression, as well as the excellence in performing the dance steps come together to form this airy-fairy, floaty dance of the Romanticism. Every single little bit of one’s body together with the look is usually full of grace and beauty. An old European breeze. Courtesy. A perfect body posture. Like a colourful “roundabout” Viennese Waltz lets everyone sink into powerful ocean full of unforgettable vibes and emotions, wondering if it’s the DANCERS who keep valsing or the WORLD keeps going around them.
Choose desired course level:
Beginner Viennese Waltz Course
Beginner Viennese Waltz course is designed for:
- Absolute beginners who have never danced before or who consider themselves to have 2 left feet.
- For people who have taken Viennese Waltz classes in the past and who are not sure or have forgotten their fundamental steps.
- For people who want to practice their basic steps.
You will learn:
- Explore the posture and basic moves and figures.
- Learn the correct technique of how to follow a partner’s lead during a combination of freestyle steps.
- Learn how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- How to connect with your partner.
- How to Lead (men).
- How to Follow (women).
Intermediate Viennese Waltz Course
Beginner Viennese Waltz course must be completed. Approval from instructors required to start the Intermediate Viennese Waltz Course.
You will learn:
- New combinations every session.
- Improving the posture and movements to be able to dance in partnership and in proper Viennese Waltz frame.
- Advanced moves and figures.
- Learning how to develop the ability to transform simple basic steps in articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Basic, Intermediate patterns and combining those patterns.
- More connection and leading & following exercises.
- How to understand music, counts, syncopations and accents.
Advanced Viennese Waltz Course
Ongoing Viennese Waltz classes with more challenging patterns, spicy moves & figures. This class is for those who are at the Intermediate/advance level (Approval from instructors required). Viennese Waltz has many patterns, combinations, variations. We recommend taking 3 to 4 intermediate Viennese Waltz courses before taking Advanced Viennese Waltz Course. If you missed the first class, it’s not too late to join us for the second class!
You will learn:
- Learn how to transform simple basic steps into articulated sequences with rich decoration and embellishment.
- Learn advanced Viennese Waltz moves and figures: such as Natural and Reverse Fleckerl, Contra Check, Waltz variations with separate embellishments for Ladies and Men.
- Learn more articulated figures of Viennese Waltz.
- Learn how to combine all the figures studied during the course into a unique and fluid routine.
Common options for all courses:
- All courses are available as group and/or private lessons.
- You may choose male or female teacher, as you prefer.
- Certificate of Achievement is available, read more.
- We have dance lessons for kids, mixed lessons (children and parents) are available.
- We can modify the courses to better suit your needs.
Available lesson formats:
Individual Dance Lessons
Nervous about dancing in public? Private lessons take the edge off and allow you to really let loose and see what you’re made of!
Private dance lessons are the quickest, most effective way to improve your dancing. We personalize each lesson based on your individual needs, desires, and goals, adjusting our teaching style to your ability, personality, and expectations. You’ll discover the difference some one-on-one attention can make in your dancing! This ensures the most thorough and rapid learning process, all while keeping it fun, easy, and comfortable.
Benifits of private dance lessons:
- Personalized attention and custom lesson guide
- Scheduled at your convenience
- Fastest way to learn and progress
Private lessons are designed to focus on your own dancing needs. This is where you will be able to learn technic, especially how to use our feet, understand timing, and develop body awareness, the more challenging aspects of your learning and in the same time enjoy the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of our studio, have fun, and enjoy the feeling of dancing.
Group Dance Lessons
Focus on having fun and we’ll take care of the rest! Group classes learning is one of the most exciting ways to learn how to dance. Classes focus on lead and follow skills and how to put dance patterns together in a way that makes sense.
Benifits of group dance lessons:
- Helps growth in the social ability of your dance skills
- Broad experience growth: dancing with multiple partners at all levels and get introduced to patterns at a fast pace
- Meet students of all skill levels and practice dancing with them
- Provides an environment for students to share their experiences, giving newer students advice on how to get the most out of their dance training experience.
- Another blessing from learning with others in a group is developing relationships with those you can now practice what you learned with
Group classes are designed to teach you the school figures and to develop your sense of balance. For the majority of the class the ladies are on one side of the room and gentlemen on the other. We learn the figures and solidify them with a considerable amount of repetition. Because the majority of the time we are dancing on our own, our balance, which is so important is being developed.
We cater for all aims and goals, for great fun, for those who are looking for the health benefits of dancing, for those looking to be the center of the dance floor or to challenge themselves, or perhaps just to spend time with their partner (couples lessons) dancing is one of the best activities in the WORLD!
We are waiting for you on our group dance lessons:
“Practice Sessions” means that all students are welcome and encouraged to come.
While the format of a practice session is much like a typical social ballroom dance, the purpose is different. You can come to just enjoy dancing. You do not need to have a particular move or routine that you are practicing. It is a great opportunity to dance on the biggest dance floor. The instructors will take care for a dancing environment of the session, including providing appropriate music carefully chosen for the correct tempo for each type of dance and for the characteristics that make each dance unique. Instructors hosting the practice session are often pleased to make suggestions when asked.
Benifits of practice sessions:
- Practice sessions offer an opportunity to practice steps or routines on Dance For You Studio spacious floating floor
- Every week our ballroom is available for our students to use for practice sessions
- The ballroom is equipped with a state of the art sound system and provides the perfect environment to focus on and enjoy improving your dancing
- Excellent opportunity to practice what you’ve been learning on your private lessons as well as the Group Lessons
Practice sessions are designed to prepare you for dancing in the real world. At these sessions many of the students attend. This creates the need to develop our traffic skills and maneuverability. You will have the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners. Everyone feels different and our job is to prepare you to dance with anyone. You will also practice to the music the entire practice session.
Look forward to see you on our practice session:
Visit our photo gallery to see more photos from weekly dance practice events.